Taekwondo is a recognized Olympic sport that not only builds strength, stamina and flexibility, but also greatly improves one’s overall fitness and well-being. Taekwondo also provides many other advantages such as learning self-discipline, competitive awareness, social skills and much more. (Source: https://pmaa.ca/taekwondo/benefits-of-taekwondo/)
Here are some additional benefits of learning taekwondo.
1. Enhance self-esteem by heightening your physical and mental powers.
2. Build confidence by encouraging you to succeed and to take control of your life.
3. Develop discipline by thoroughly training your body and mind in the tenets and techniques of Taekwondo.
4. Teach self-defense by training you to recognize situations in which physical self-defense may be necessary, and teaching you how to control such situations to your advantage.
5. Strengthen your mind and body through increased physical coordination and mental discipline.