- January 16, 2015 2:30 PM
The International Association for Bilingual Studies (formerly Bilingual Studies Research Center) was founded in 1999 at Minzu University of China, under the leadership of Professor Dai Qing Sha. Beginning with the Association’s first International Conference during the same year, it has since held ten conferences in and out of China: notably, the 9th International Conference (2012) held in Thailand, and the recent 10th International Conference (2013) in Guiyang, China.
The Association, emphasizing the importance of bilingualism in the modern society, highly values scholarly researches, insights and discussions on the relationships among Mandarin Chinese, minority ethnic languages and dialects of China, and foreign languages. It is imperative for them not only to develop deeper understanding and stronger ties among scholars, but also to push bilingual studies to new heights; hence, the Association continuously organizes conferences as an avenue for exploring, sharing and learning.
In light of the aims of the Association, the 11th International Conference on Bilingual Studies will be organized by Chiang Kai Shek College, to be held in Manila, Philippines from February 12 to 15, 2015. Scholars and researchers involved in the discipline are highly encouraged to participate.
- The conference topics will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Research on bilingual education theories
- Theoretical significance and application value of researches on bilingualism
- Modernization of bilingual education and its highlights
- Research on the pedagogy and instruction of bilingual education
- Research on the programs and policies of bilingual studies
- Comparative study of mother tongue and second language
- Research on the bilingualism issues of a specific region or group
Registration fee: USD200 (international) / PHP2500 (local) for paper submitters; USD 150 (international) / PHP2000 (local) for non-submitters. The fee will include expenses on conference materials, venue transportation, snacks and meals on the 13th and 14th, among others.
Payment can be made during registration or through CKS College account:
Name CHIANG KAI SHEK COLLEGE INC. Account No.: 5701-7198-9 Bank: Banco De Oro,
524 Enterprise Bldg. Quintin Paredes corner Carvajal Street, Binondo, Manila, Quintin Paredes Branch, Philippines
Swift Code: BNORPHMM
- For paper submitters: abstract (at most 300 words) in English or Chinese should be submitted through email to
on or before December 31, 2014, together with the registration form. The conference committee will invite a panel of renowned experts and scholars to review and screen the submissions anonymously. Authors will be notified of the result on or before January 15, 2015.
- For non-submitters: completely filled-up registration form can be sent through email to
on or before Jan. 31, 2015.
- Conference languages will include both English and Mandarin Chinese.
|Organizer:||Chiang Kai Shek College|
|Address:||1274 Padre Algue Street, Tondo, 1012 Manila, Philippines|
Mr. Lester Hao