- Created on November 24, 2014 2:40 PM
- Last Updated on December 2, 2014 3:35 PM
- November 30, -0001 8:00 AM
Grand Book Fair (pictures taken by Sir Ben)
In post celebration of the 75th founding anniversary of Chiang Kai Shek College, the Office of English Academic Affairs, in coordination with the Office of Student Life, hosts the Grand Book Fair 2014. The fair showcases different reading materials and resources as provided by National Book Store / Powerbooks, Goodwill Book Store, Scholastic, Xin Jiang (新疆) Trading, Xin Hua (新華) Book Store, Adarna House, CD Books International, Philippine Publishing House, HYDN Publishing, MatheMagis, Learning Is Fun, Alpha Stream Marketing, Lampara Publishing, and Thistle International.
It also exhibits the world of robotics as well as mathematics e-learning program courtesy of EduSpec and Koobits Singapore. The event commenced with ribbon-cutting ceremony which was graced by the college president, Dr. Poa, alumni president, Mr. Chan, and board of trustees chairman, Mr. Roxas as well as students from various grade levels.
The school intends the grand book fair as an opportunity to:
- Promote and enrich the culture of reading, and enhance the reading abilities of the present generation
- Introduce students to various reading subject matter and genres, to bring back the adventure one gets from the world of reading
- Update educators and parents on newly-published materials and learning trends
With this activity, the school also enjoins parents to support their children’s enthusiasm to explore reading more. The school thanks publishers, students, and parents for continuing to support this annual event.